Did you know that if you're a Medicaid recipient, you qualify for an Amazon Prime discount?
Earlier this year the online retailing giant announced that they are offering discounted Prime membership to those with a valid EBT or Medicaid card. Qualifying customers can renew their discounted membership every year, for up to four years, and can cancel anytime.
The monthly fee is slashed by more than half, with Medicaid recipients only being billed $5.99 per month as opposed to the usual $12.99.
Cem Sibay, the Vice President of Amazon Prime says that the goal is to make the service more accessible to everyone.
Mark from Pennsylvania told Amazon that he finds that Prime makes his life a lot easier. Retired and disabled, often Mark doesn't have the energy to go to the store - whereas on Amazon he can have goods delivered right to his home.
According to Business Insider, from a strategic point of the view, Amazon wants to attract lower income consumers in a bid to gain more control of US e-commerce; hoping to get a few steps ahead of price-conscious competitors such as Walmart.
What's included in Prime?
- Prime Video: Unlimited streaming on thousands of popular movies and TV shows
- Prime Music: Ad-free access to stream more than two million songs, expert-curated playlists, personalized stations for offline listening, and exclusive voice features powered by Alexa on enabled devices
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage within the Prime Photos app to securely store existing photo collections, automatically upload new photos and access them anytime, anywhere, at no cost
- Prime Reading: Unlimited access to a rotating selection of more than a thousand books, magazines, comics, and more
- Audible Channels for Prime: Premium original podcasts, audio series, and audiobooks
- Amazon First Reads: Early access to new books and one free editor-selected Kindle book each month
- Twitch Prime: Discounts on most pre-release boxed games, free in-game loot, and full games from indie developers
- Early Access: Exclusive early access to select Lightning Deals
- Prime Free Same-Day Delivery and Prime Free One Day-Shipping: Available to members in more than 8,000 cities and towns
- Prime Now: Free two-hour delivery on tens of thousands of items in select cities
How do you sign up?
To get started, follow this link: https://www.amazon.com/l/16256994011
They will ask you to create an account and confirm your eligibility; and that's it!
If you have any questions about Medicare, Medicaid, and Homecare Services and if you’d like to learn how to maximize your entitlements give one of our friendly experts a call on 646-745-9122 for a free consultation.
With Medicare Medicaid Advisory Group, you’re in safe hands.
Connect with us on social media:
Facebook: Medicare & Medicaid Advisory Group