Help you with all you need to get Medicare for you and your family
Healthcare/Elder Care & Estate Planning
Often we do not prepare for Elder care or Estate Planning until we are in the middle of a crisis. Families scramble to locate important documents including those that indicate their loved one’s wishes, if they have been put into place in advance. If this is not the case, there are specific legal documentations that need to be enacted.
You or your loved one will need a plan to protect assets and income. Medicare & Medicaid Advisory Group will be there to guide you through every step, whether your loved one’s wishes have been established or if they need to be put into place.
Our staff attorneys specialize in disability and eldercare law. They can help you and your loved one with:
- Durable Power of Attorney: When an elder designates another person to act on their behalf in reference to legal or financial decisions
- Living Wills: Clarify issues related to the use of life support systems in the event it is needed
- Health Care Proxies: Also known as Medical Power of Attorney; assigns an individual to make health care decisions in the event an elder is unable to for themselves
- Special Needs Trusts: Is an irrevocable trust that provides for the needs of a disabled beneficiary without effecting their benefits. As well as pre-paid contracts for personal care and Medicaid promissory notes.
- Pooled Income Trusts: Set up to protect what Medicaid believes to be excess income that is needed to pay the recipient’s monthly expenses. We will be there to guide the family through the process of utilizing the trust
- Guardianship Proceedings: To help our clients obtain guardianship of their family member
Our attorneys advocate for our clients with the Managed Long Term Care Companies, Hospitals and all medical residential facilities to make sure they receive the care needed. We will represent and fight for our clients during fair hearings and appeals of decisions. Medicare & Medicaid Advisory Group has created an Important Documents Worksheet to aid in gathering the essential information needed